The membership of the Association shall consist of the following categories :
Ordinary membership shall be opened to every Family Medicine Specialist of Malaysian citizenship possessing a recognized medical degree plus a postgraduate degree in Family Medicine, its specialties and/or its sub-specialties, registered in the Register kept by the Registrar of Medical Practitioners
Life membership shall be opened to Ordinary Member who in place of annual subscription to the Association including the newly registered member and shall pay a sum of RM 2000.00. Life membership should also be given to active members who have regularly paid his/her membership fees without lapse for a period of 15 years. Trainees in Advanced Training of Family Medicine (ATFM) programme under AFPM applications must have proof of active candidature AFPM (Chief Censor).
The Association may confer Honorary membership on those people who, whether or not registered in the Medical Register, have done exceptional work in the fields of Family Medicine and allied sciences or have rendered meritorious services in the cause of Family Medicine and associated sciences or to this Association. Honorary members will enjoy all the privileges of Ordinary and Life members except that of voting or of holding office in the Council of the Association.
Associate members shall be opened to :
- Family Medicine Specialist of non-Malaysian citizenship
- Any health care provider with interest in primary care
- Students doing their Malaysian Family Medicine masters training with prior approval the Vice Chancellor of the University concerned. Associate member will enjoy all the privileges of Ordinary and Life members
except that of voting or of holding office in the Council of the Association
Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Council for approval. The Council may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason therefore.
Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the prescribed registration fee and first year annual subscription, be admitted as member of the Association and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
1. CME and WORKSHOP
FMSA members will be invited to attend CME and workshop organised by FMSA in collaboration with any Pharma company.
2. FMSA CONFERENCES
FMSA members will get discounted rate for annual FMSA Conferences.
3. GRANT AND FINANCIAL ASISTANCE*
- Research grants are available for members conducting research. Technical assistance via NIH, CRC and MPCRG will be feasible.
- Community Project Funds are available for FMSA members to conduct community projects to improve primary care services lead by family medicine specialist for up to 5 projects per different state per year (RM 5000 per project).
- Travel Grant will be available for active members to present scientific paper at overseas conference (up to RM 3000 per person).
- Primary Care Special Grant of RM3000 annually per state for primary care improvement related activities and programmes
4. CO AUTHOR AND REVIEWER FOR BOOKS, GUIDELINES AND ARTICLE
FMSA members will be invited to become a co author or external reviewers for Clinical Practice Guidelines, books or articles published in Malaysian Family Physician journal.
5. MEMBERS WELFARE BENEFIT
A tangible gift of condolence and sympathy will be given to members who are facing life difficulties such as been warded or loss their family members.
6. CAREER PATHWAY
Advice and assistance will be available for members who wishes to advance in their career in a specific area in interest.
7. NETWORKING PLATFORM
A place where we connect with each other. We have members working in government, private, academic and armed forces.
8. SPIRIT OF TOGETHERNESS
Represent the united voice of Family Medicine fraternity in the country.
9. YOUR WINDOWS TO THE INTERNATIONAL PRIMARY CARE FRATERNITY
As part of WONCA full membership, FMSA members are eligible for registration fees discounts and involvement with WONCA related conferences.
* Subject to Exco Approval
The rate of annual subscriptions payable to each category of membership shall be :
- Ordinary member RM150.00
- Associate member RM 100.00
- A Registration fee of RM50.00 is payable upon registration
- An Ordinary member or Associate member who complete the Life membership contribution of RM2000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Two thousand only) to the FMSA, is eligible for the election by the Council as a Life member
Any member whose subscription shall remain unpaid by 31st December in the financial year it became due shall be suspended membership as the case may be. Such suspended member may apply to the Council member for reinstatement.
An Honorary member need not pay an entrance fee or annual subscription but shall be entitled to all the privileges of FMSA except voting and eligibility to hold office.